Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cheese Balls

This recipe only takes me 2 minutes to make and is a yummy appetizer to share with others.


Ingredients:

2 packages (8 ounces) Cream Cheese, softened (regular or 1/3 reduced fat)

1 package (8 ounces) Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese

2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce

4 slices of bacon (cooked and crumbled) - I omit this from my cheese balls

Crackers to serve on the side


Directions:

Mix all ingredients together and roll in three balls (large, medium and small).
Place on a platter in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.

Freezer Instructions:

Assemble cheese balls  and wrap securely in saran wrap and freezer bags. Defrost in fridge a few hours before gifting or using.

I use a carrot for the nose, pretzels for arms and raisins for the eyes, mouth and buttons, but you can also use peppercorns. It is not necessary to have a hat, but since I had oreos and large marshmallows on hand my boys asked me to give him a hat.

Submitted by: Caroline G.

"This recipe can also be rolled in nuts of your choice and in the shape of one or two cheese balls and freezes beautifully!"

No comments: