Monday, August 4, 2008

BUSTER BARS


Ingredients:

1 package of Oreo Cookies (crushed)
½ gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
1 16oz. jar of hot fudge sauce
1 ½ cups peanuts
1 quart Cool Whip

Instructions:


Line bottom of 9x13 dish with crushed Oreos.
Spread softened ice cream over Oreos.
Refreeze ice cream.
Spread on fudge sauce.
Spread peanuts on fudge, then Cool Whip over peanuts.
Freeze again.

Cut into squares and serve
Serves 15

Note: Can be made with light ice cream and light cool whip if you are trying to cut the fat. I also did not use peanuts, but if you and your family like them they would be a great addition.

Submitted by: Caroline G.
Source: http://www.recipegirl.com/

"I made this for guests coming to dinner. It was so easy and I was able to make it the evening ahead. It was a huge hit and is so yummy. It slices easily so can be served on a spur of the moment and is a great summer after meal treat".

2 comments:

RecipeGirl said...

Yay! So happy you enjoyed these. Isn't it a great, easy summer treat?

The Stilwells said...

I think I might make this for Nathan's birthday!!! Or perhaps my dad and new Sister-in-law's